Monday, February 20, 2006

Had a group of manta rays on the surface today.


Today we had one certified diver and a couple of intro divers so we had 3 instructors/guides (If you include myself acting as captain) on the boat... 3 passengers, 3 crew, not a bad ratio.

On the way to the first dive site there were several manta rays feeding on the surface. We stopped the boat to let the customers get their snorkel gear in and slip over the side to watch the mantas. After about 10 minutes it dawned on me that I had an extra Captain on board so I ought to slip over myself and get some daytime manta photos.... unfortunatly they were moving off as I was moving in. I did get this pic. Nothing too special, I wish I'd jumped in earlier. We're doing a manta dive on thursday evening so I can get my manta fill then.

Aloha,

Steve

No comments: