Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wyland painting manatees at DEMA in Orlando november 2006


I hope posting photos of someone famous doing their work is kosher. I'm at the big Scuba diving trade show in Orlando for a few days. Wyland, a well known aquatic wildlife artist (many will know of him from his "whaling wall" murals in many cities) was there doing a smallish mural for the show.

We saw him laying down the first black for the background in the morning, a couple hours later he'd lined out the manatees (first photo) and by day's end he was at the point of the second photo.

Orlando was quite nice today, Kona-like weather, it'd been a tad bit chilly and breezy earlier compared to what Pat and I are used to in Kona. Now that I'v figured out how to edit and reduce the resolution of photos on my laptop, I'll try to take some more pics in the next day or two to give yuou an idea of what goes on at the trade show.

later,

Steve

3 comments:

Johnny Wadd said...

Cool looking manatees, i wonder if they taste good?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve said...

Deleted comment was nothing but spam links.