Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday morning lizzard convention



We've got a bunch of these guys hanging around outside our kitchen these days. We hung some bananas out for the cardinals and finches to pick at and we also get about 8-10 madascar day geckos at a time showing up.

This morning we went to U-top-it down in Kailua for breakfast on the way to picking up carpet for our vacation rental we're recarpeting. U-top-it's located in behind Lava Java off Alii drive. Lava Java is quite known for their breakfasts, but U-top-it doesn't play second fiddle to anyone. It probably puts out the best breakfast I've had in Kona. I had their Loco Moco Attack... lots of fried rice, 1/2 lb hamburger patty, 2 fried eggs and grilled pepper slices, all smothered with a curry gravy (you get a choice of gravies), all on a large taro crepe (not a traditional crepe, thicker, more like a thin pancake). This meal was $8.95 and filled me, many people wouldn't be able to finish it I'd suspect. DELICIOUS. A big thumbs up from me, and I generally don't like breakfasts. Pat loved her breakfast too. The place gets raves on the local message boards at Konaweb and I'd highly recommend it for breakfast - they also have one of the best burgers in the area too. Most of the menu items run in the 4-9 buck range, so it's not a spendy meal for here.

Aloha,

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat video! I hope they weren't trying to sell you car insurance. ;-)