Sunday, May 06, 2007

Whitemouth Moray Eel - gymnothorax meleagris

I just think these guys are real cute, worthy of another shot.

We went to Senior Billy's up in Captain Cook for Cinco de Mayo. It seems lots of other people had the same idea. It was fairly early, right around noon, and the place was pretty much full inside and out. They've added a few menu items lately, good to see a better selection of burritos and such. Always a good meal for us.

That's about it for now... I'm off to my other job for the evening.

Later,

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

I've been following your blog for a few weeks now....ever since you taught me how to say humuhumunukunukuapua'a. Which I am happy to report that I can say with ease now after some practice. :)

Your photos are amazing! What kind of camera do you use?

I write a Hawaii vacation blog and I've been thinking it would be good to do a Q&A article about diving in Hawaii. Would you be interested in being the expert to answer the questions? If so, please email me at GoVisitHawaii AT gmail.

Mahalo,
Sheila

Steve said...

Thanks for the compliments. I use a little digital Olympus SP350 in an Olympus housing. It's a relatively inexpensive 8 megapixel camera (Costco recently had them for under $200) but it does a real good job. There are a number of cameras that will do a good job, it's more practice and luck than anything.

I hate the word "expert"... I figure I'm an expert at nothing, but maybe relatively more informed at some things more than at others. I'd be happy to give it a try, I'll e-mail you tomorrow.

Steve