Monday, February 09, 2009

Taking a "day off" tomorrow....

Here's a Blackside Hawkfish (Paracirrhites forsteri) I took on a short dive the other day. They make reasonably willing and colorful subjects as long as you have a flash that can reach a couple of feet - get too close and it's off to the races. The onboard flash on the Canon G9 is fine for these type of pictures.

So I'm headed over to Oahu for the day tomorrow to go to the local scuba association's annual industry day. I'd never been and thought it was about time. This is going to entail a real early wake up call for me. Left to my own devices, I'd probably stay up 'til 1am and wake up at 9am, but to get charters together at 9am I pretty much have to be up by 6:00 these days. I'm going to have to be to the airport by 5:45 tomorrow, which means a 4am rising for me, so I'm probably going to have to be to bed real early tonight. I'm going up the hill to walk the Captain Cook Monument trail, at least a good portion of it... that'll wear me out.

I'm glad airfares are down now. I managed inter-island round trip for just under 68 bucks... it was up to over $120 each direction at one point. As long as you are willing to fly early or late there's some pretty good deals nowadays since the airlines are fighting each other.

later,

Steve

No comments: